- What's Cycle Cities all about?
- It's a partnership of the best bicycle tour, rental and holiday
companies all over the world. If you're looking for guided city bike
tours, holidays, or to just rent a bike wherever you are travelling,
you've come to the right place.
- Why should I see a city on a bicycle?
- Cycling is a great way to see cities. Bus tours can be stuck
in traffic for hours, and you can cover a lot more distance on a bicycle
than you can walking. Guides can safely lead you through the city,
avoiding the traffic and crowds, and tell you interesting stories and
facts about the landmarks you're seeing. You'll also be able to get up
nice and close to the sights.
- Are city bicycle tours safe?
- It's not the Tour de France. Most tours go at a leisurely pace, and
where possible cycle paths and quieter streets are used. Each city is
different, so check with the local operator if you have any specific
safety questions. All Cycle Cities operators opt in to our Quality Charter. cyclecities.tours/qualitycharter
- Do I have to be a good cyclist?
- These tours are not for professional or even seasoned cyclists. They go at a slow pace, and are suitable for most ages, as long as you can ride a bike! And the tours are guided by a professional, friendly and knowledgeable guide.
- Does the tour stop for photos?
- Yes! That's the whole idea. A city bike tour with a Cycle Cities partner is just like a walking tour - but you can cover more sights in less time. The tour guide stops and explains things about the city and monuments, including history and interesting stories. And it's better than an open top bus tour because it's a small, close group, and you're not stuck in traffic all day!
- How often to the tours run?
- Check with the local operator. You can link to their website directly from cyclecities.tours - just choose your city!
- What does #bookdirect mean?
- #bookdirect is our mission to teach the world to book travel directly with the local operator. Cycle Cities doesn't sell these tours... we just show you the best bike tours each city has to offer, and give you their direct contact details and website link, so you can book with them directly. Booking directly with a local operator keeps money in local economies, and helps our partners provide better services.
- How do I know when I am booking direct?
- Go to the local tour operator's website and always book there. You can't book a tour at cyclecities.tours. We let you link through to the local operators website.
- I have a discount voucher, how do I use it?
- Our discount vouchers were phased out in 2018, so we aren't offering any new voucher downloads, but if you have an unexpired voucher already downloaded, you can still redeem it with the local operator, using the instructions on the voucher.
- I'm a bike tour operator. I want to join Cycle Cities. How do I do this?
- Drop us an email and introduce yourself and your company. The email address is at the bottom of this page.